Last Revised 5/9/10
Welcome to StorySnoops. By accessing or using the web site located at www.storysnoops.com ("Site"), you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions set forth in this agreement ("Agreement"). Please read this Agreement carefully. By accessing and using any information and/or materials from this Site, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. If you do not agree to these terms and conditions, do not use this Site. The terms "StorySnoops," "us," "we" and "our" refers to StorySnoops, the owner of the Site. The term "you" refers to users of the Site.
We reserve the right to change or modify any of the terms and conditions of this Agreement at any time without specific notice. Your continued use of the site following such changes will constitute acceptance of such changes. You should periodically review this page to familiarize yourself with the most recent version of this Agreement. If you do not agree to the amended terms of the Agreement, stop using the Site. These terms and conditions apply to all visits to our Site. If you have questions about the Site, please refer to the Frequently Asked Questions.
2. Editorial Content We personally select every book that is featured on the Site. No one can pay to be included in our editorial content. Advertising messages will be identified as such, either as sponsored emails or seen as banner ads or sponsored links on the Site or in StorySnoops Email Updates. Descriptions or images of, or references to, products or services on the Site do not imply Story Snoop's endorsement of such products or services. We reserve the right, without prior notification, to change such descriptions or references.
Although StorySnoops uses reasonable care in creating content, some of the content may not be accurate or complete. As such, the information and materials contained on our Site may be out of date or include omissions or other errors. Further, some of the content is based on opinion and therefore should not be interpreted as professional advice on any matter.
Content that has been contributed to the Site by parties outside of StorySnoops does not indicate approval or endorsement of the opinions expressed therein. Information provided by these individuals, whether publicly posted or privately transmitted, is the sole responsibility of the person providing such information. StorySnoops expressly disclaims any liability with respect to such content.
If you are under 18 years of age, you may use StorySnoops only with involvement of a parent or guardian. StorySnoops and its affiliates reserve the right to refuse service, terminate accounts, or cancel orders in their sole discretion.
3. Copyright The contents provided on the Site, including, without limitation, any information, graphics, design, data, images, logos, icons, links, the selection of and organization thereof, and other matters related to the Site (collectively referred to as the "Site Materials"), are the sole property of Story Snoops and its licensors and are protected under applicable U.S. and international laws of copyright, trademark, and other proprietary (including intellectual property) rights. You do not acquire ownership rights to the Site Materials by using the Site and/or the Site Materials. The posting of information or materials on the Site does not constitute a waiver of any right in such information and materials. Some of the content on the Site is the copyrighted work of third parties.
4. Limited License; Permitted Uses You are granted a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable, revocable license: (a) to access and use the Site strictly in accordance with this Agreement; and (b) to use the Site solely for informational, personal, non-commercial purposes provided that you maintain all copyright and other policies contained therein. This license does not include, and you agree that you will not conduct: (a) any resale or commercial use of the Site or the Site Materials therein; (b) the collection and use of any content, pictures or descriptions; (c) the distribution, public performance or public display of any Site Materials; (d) modifying or otherwise making any derivative uses of the Site and the Site Materials, or any portion thereof; (e) use of any data mining, robots or similar data gathering or extraction methods; (f) downloading (other than page caching) of any portion of the Site, the Site Materials or any information contained therein, except as expressly permitted on the Site; (g) frame or utilize framing techniques to enclose any trademark, logo, or other proprietary information (including images, text, page layout, or form); or (h) any use of the Site or the Site Materials other than for its intended purpose. You may not use any meta tags or any other "hidden text" utilizing StorySnoop's name or trademarks without the express written consent of StorySnoops. Any use of the Site or Site Materials other than expressly authorized herein automatically terminates any permission or license granted by StorySnoops and may violate applicable laws, including copyright and trademark laws. No print out or electronic version of any part of the Site or its contents may be used by you in any litigation or arbitration matter whatsoever under any circumstances.
5. Trademarks and Service Marks StorySnoops, storysnoops.com, the StorySnoops logo and any other product or slogan contained in the Site are trademarks of StorySnoops or its corporate affiliates and its suppliers or licensors, and may not be copied, imitated, or used, in whole or in part, without the prior written permission of StorySnoops. Other product and company names mentioned on the Site may be trademarks of their respective owners.
6. User Content
You acknowledge and agree that any contributions, questions, comments, suggestions, ideas, feedback, or other information about the Site or the service ("Submissions"), provided by you to StorySnoops are non-confidential and shall become the sole property of StorySnoops. You grant StorySnoops a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, and fully sublicensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, and display such content throughout the world in any media. You grant StorySnoops and its sublicensees the right to use the name that you submit in connection with such content, if they choose. You represent and warrant that: you own or otherwise control all of the rights to the content that you post; that the content is accurate; that use of the content you supply does not violate this policy and will not cause injury to any person or entity; and that you will indemnify StorySnoops for all claims resulting from content you supply.
Interactive Areas This Site may include discussion forums, or other interactive areas or services ("Interactive Areas") in which users can create, post, or store content. You acknowledge that people participating in Interactive Areas occasionally post messages or make statements, whether intentionally or unintentionally, that are inaccurate, misleading or deceptive. We neither endorse nor are responsible for such messages or statements, or for any opinion, advice, information or other content made or displayed on the Site or Interactive Areas by third parties, whether such third parties are visitors to the Site, registered users of the StorySnoops community or others. The opinions expressed in the Interactive Areas reflect solely the opinion(s) of the participants and may not reflect the opinion(s) of StorySnoops. We are not responsible for any errors or omissions in articles or postings, for hyperlinks embedded in messages or for any results obtained from the use of such information. Under no circumstances will we or our affiliates, suppliers or agents be liable for any loss or damage caused by your reliance on such information obtained through the Site.
We have no obligation to monitor the Site or the Interactive Areas, or any Submissions or other materials that you or other third parties transmit or post on the Site or the Interactive Areas. You acknowledge and agree that we and our affiliates have the right (but not the obligation) to: monitor the Site and the Interactive Areas and the materials you transmit or post; alter or remove any such materials (including, without limitation, any posting to an Interactive Areas); disclose such materials and the circumstances surrounding their transmission to any third party in order to operate the Site properly; protect ourselves, our sponsors and our members and visitors; and comply with legal obligations or governmental requests.
7. Code of Conduct Users may post comments and other content, and submit suggestions, ideas, comments, questions, or other information ("User Content"). By using the Site, you agree to the following:
User Content may not: (a) be illegal, obscene, pornographic, lewd, suggestive, harassing, threatening, libelous, defamatory, invasive of privacy, infringing of intellectual property rights, objectionable, or otherwise injurious to third parties; (b) be or include trade secrets of third parties; (c) be or include non-public information about companies; nor (d) consist of or contain software viruses, pyramid schemes, investment opportunities, advertisements, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings, or any form of "spam."
Users may not use a false e-mail address, impersonate any person or entity, or otherwise mislead as to the origin of any content. StorySnoops reserves the right (but not the obligation) to remove or edit such content, but does not regularly review posted content.
Users may not restrict other users from using the Site, including, and without, limitation, by "hacking" or defacing any portion of the Site.
StorySnoops reserves the right to modify, reject or eliminate any information residing on, or transmitted to, the Site that StorySnoops, in its sole discretion, believes is unacceptable or in violation of these terms and conditions.
If you wish to purchase products or services through a Linked Site, you will be asked by a third-party provider of the product or service for certain information, including, without limitation, credit card and other information. You agree that all information that you provide to any such third-party provider will be accurate, current, and complete. You agree to pay all charges incurred by you and any users of your account and credit card at the price(s) in effect at the time of such purchase, including applicable taxes. If you are under 18 years of age, you may use StorySnoops only with involvement of a parent or guardian. StorySnoops and its affiliates reserve the right to refuse service, terminate accounts, or cancel orders in their sole discretion.
StorySnoops.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
9. Copyright Infringement Policy In accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) and other applicable law, Story Snoops has adopted a policy of terminating, in appropriate circumstances and at Story Snoop's sole discretion, subscribers or account holders who are deemed to be repeat infringers. StorySnoops may also at its sole discretion limit access to the Site and/or terminate the accounts of any users who infringe any intellectual property rights of others, whether or not there is any repeat infringement. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please send notices and counter-notices to StorySnoops, 15460 Palos Verdes Drive, Monte Sereno, CA 95030. Notices and counter-notices must meet the then-current statutory requirements imposed by the DMCA; see http://www.loc.gov/copyright/ for details.
10. Registration When you register on the Site, you consent to receive communications from us electronically. We will communicate with you by email or by posting notices on the Site. You agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures and other communications that we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirements that such communications be in writing. In operating this Site, we do not solicit, nor wish to receive, any confidential or proprietary information or other material from you through the Site, our email addresses or in any other way. Any information or material submitted to us will be deemed not to be confidential or proprietary. By submitting material to us, you represent and warrant that the information is original and that no other party has any rights to it.
As part of the registration process, you will be asked to select a username and password. We may refuse to grant you a username that impersonates someone else, is or may be illegal, is or may be protected by trademark or other proprietary rights law, is vulgar or otherwise offensive, or may cause confusion, as determined by us in our sole discretion. You will be responsible for the confidentiality and use of your username and password and agree not to transfer or resell your use of, or access to, the Site to any third party. If you have reason to believe that your account with us is no longer secure, you must promptly change your password. YOU ARE ENTIRELY RESPONSIBLE FOR MAINTAINING THE CONFIDENTIALITY OF YOUR USERNAME AND PASSWORD AND FOR ANY AND ALL ACTIVITIES (INCLUDING PURCHASES THROUGH THIRD-PARTY SITES, AS APPLICABLE) THAT ARE CONDUCTED THROUGH YOUR ACCOUNT.
11. Disclaimer of Warranties THIS SITE IS PROVIDED BY STORY SNOOPS ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS. STORYSNOOPS MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO THE OPERATION OF THIS SITE OR THE INFORMATION, CONTENT, MATERIALS, OR PRODUCTS INCLUDED ON THIS SITE. YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THIS SITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY APPLICABLE LAW, STORYSNOOPS DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. STORYSNOOPS DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THIS SITE, ITS SERVERS, OR EMAIL SENT FROM STORYSNOOPS ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. STORYSNOOPS WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND ARISING FROM THE USE OF THIS SITE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. CERTAIN STATE LAWS DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN DAMAGES. IF THESE LAWS APPLY TO YOU, SOME OR ALL OF THE ABOVE DISCLAIMERS, EXCLUSIONS, OR LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU, AND YOU MIGHT HAVE ADDITIONAL RIGHTS.
12. Limitation of Liability. NEITHER STORYSNOOPS NOR ANY OF OUR AFFILIATES, LICENSORS, MEMBER ORGANIZATIONS, ADVERTISERS OR SPONSORS, NOR OUR OR THEIR DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, CONSULTANTS, AGENTS OR OTHER REPRESENTATIVES, ARE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE OR OTHER DAMAGES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF BUSINESS, LOSS OF DATA OR LOST PROFITS), UNDER ANY CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHER THEORY ARISING OUT OF, OR RELATING IN ANY WAY TO, THE SITE AND/OR MATERIALS CONTAINED ON THE SITE, OR ANY LINKED SITE, EVEN IF STORYSNOOPS HAS BEEN ADVISED OF OR SHOULD HAVE KNOWN OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. YOUR SOLE REMEDY FOR DISSATISFACTION WITH THE SITE, MATERIALS OR ANY LINKED SITE IS TO STOP USING THE SITE, MATERIALS OR LINKED SITE, AS APPLICABLE.
13. Termination StorySnoops may terminate your license to use the Site, delete your profile and any content or information that you have posted on the Site and/or prohibit you from using or accessing the Site (or any portion, aspect or feature of the the Site) for any reason at any time in its sole discretion, with or without notice.
14. Access by Minors. StorySnoops strives to comply with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA). In addition, pursuant to 47 U.S.C. Section 230(d), as amended, we hereby notify you that parental control protections (such as computer hardware, software or filtering services) are commercially available that may assist you in limiting access to material that is harmful to minors. Information identifying current providers of such protections is available at the web sites (www.awesomelibrary.org/Office/Main/Involving_Family/Parental_Control.html) and (www.worldvillage.com/family/parental.html).
16. Questions This Site is provided by StorySnoops. If you have further questions regarding this Agreement or the Site, please do not hesitate to contact us at .